qwertylogical

Wednesday, August 10, 2005


Monologue


Here's a little ditty I wrote for my friends on the msn group that I used to manage. Thought I'd share it here too.
.
Attention please, y'all dudes and dudettes, y'all prudes and prudettes,
Something's goin' down, it ain't a new show but you just gotta know,
if things don't happen you can get up and go.
This used to be the field where the players play, goin' on everyday
about feelin' good in life, beating strife on the edge of a knife.
Somehow one day things went astray... now who's gonna play?
Take my advice, I don't need it, you gotta feel it
in your bones, the stepping stones to success can put you to the test
and leave you cleaning up your own mess.
So grab your pie while you still can, it's gonna be every man
or woman for themselves when it comes down to the wire,
trial by fire is always met alone.
You can't go home, once you step out,
there's always a doubt if you can ever make it on your own.

When you gotta say, you just gotta say,
I hardly pray 'cos I know I make my day
as good or bad as it will be, it's all about me
and the money, honey. Thats what it's down to eventually;
Do you have the green moolah making machine?
Can't hold back the years, before you realize your fears
you better get up and start to make it, learn to take it
on the chin with a smile, while you walk the last lonely mile
towards your destiny or fate.
And finally, when your time is through, any dream will do
for you, as colors fade into darkness you start to think less
of yourself, 'cos if you don't live for something, you die for nothing.

So get off your asses, media-swayed masses, don't be like me,
you need to break free into the blue, like the dawn of day
with the music playin', but not sayin' the name of the man,
beejay.

Out.
1:05 PM 0 Comments


0 Comments:

Don't just stand there with your mouth open... say SOMETHING dammit!



©© 2006-2010
The content on this page represents the views of the author alone.
If the world should turn upside down so that by some stretch of the imagination
you wish to use any part of my compositions, please ask me before plagiarizing.