qwertylogical

Thursday, August 25, 2005


Swansong


I try to call you all day
But you don’t answer your phone
I need to tell you today
If only you were at home
My day has turned into night
The way that we’ve grown apart
Darkness determined to kill
Just like a stake through the heart
So I talk to myself
I gotta do this just right
But then I’m falling apart
And by the end of the night
I’ve hardly slept in my bed
And all the medicine’s gone
I stumble holding my head
Until I fall by the phone
I’m trying to call out to you
By now I can’t hardly speak
And then I know that I’m dying
I feel the cold grab my feet
It’s getting harder to breathe
I hear old Grim start to knock
And when I’m ready to leave
You turn the key in the lock
I can see you’ve been crying
Your face is swollen and sore
And then I hate that I’m dying
Don’t wanna hurt you no more
I see the fear in your eyes
As you open the door
And then the crash of your bags
And then you’re there on the floor
Before you cry out to me
My tears could cry out the tale
They say I murdered myself
I never wanted to fail
But then I murdered you too
I took your chance for a life
I’ve just killed all of your dreams
Stabbed them all with a knife
Now all I see is your face
Green eyes I love and I know
And they’re the last sight I see
Just as I feel myself go
12:10 PM 0 Comments


0 Comments:

Don't just stand there with your mouth open... say SOMETHING dammit!



©© 2006-2010
The content on this page represents the views of the author alone.
If the world should turn upside down so that by some stretch of the imagination
you wish to use any part of my compositions, please ask me before plagiarizing.