qwertylogical

Friday, September 02, 2005


Suddenly


This one was written while I had “Imagine” on my mind. (No offence to the Genius of John Lennon) I think the song’s rhythmic influence shows up in parts. Now, though Imagine was supposed to be edged with Lennon’s cynicism, that didn’t carry through to here.


Its almost May, still no flowers
Suddenly, April showers
Father and son, hand in hand
Suddenly, son’s a man
Walking alone, counting the miles
Suddenly, a stranger smiles
Searching for hope to see me through
Suddenly, I think of you…

Suddenly, makes the truth into a lie
Suddenly, you wanna laugh while you cry
Suddenly, your chance is knocking on your door
Suddenly, it doesn’t matter anymore…


Sleepless nights, smothered in doubt
Suddenly, stars come out
Drunken barfly, flowing sorrow
Suddenly, there’s tomorrow
A long way to go, no rest in sight
Suddenly, guiding light
Searching for treasure I never find
Suddenly, you’re on my mind…

Suddenly, makes the truth into a lie
Suddenly, you wanna laugh while you cry
Suddenly, chance a knockin’ on your door
Suddenly, it doesn’t matter anymore…


Reality hits like a bolt in the dark
A match in the rain, I'm searching for my spark
I’ve lost the friends I haven’t yet met
Walls crashing down, bricks of regret
I started slow but now I know… Suddenly.



Co-incidentally, while posting this I’m listening to “Live and let die”, originally performed by Lennon’s once upon a time band mate, Paul McCartney.
Alright, now my last 4 posts have all been songs…I’m not sure if they’re so good, but I know my lyrical quality has definitely improved since I started. Anyway, next time, no song. Just me, back again.


Link:
John Lennon and The Beatles

Link: Get IMAGINE

Link: My First Take


10:57 AM 0 Comments


0 Comments:

Don't just stand there with your mouth open... say SOMETHING dammit!



©© 2006-2010
The content on this page represents the views of the author alone.
If the world should turn upside down so that by some stretch of the imagination
you wish to use any part of my compositions, please ask me before plagiarizing.